Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Level 5 NYC: Make-up Art

This audio story is from Karina.  In this story, Karina tells us how she began working as a Makeup Artist, and why this work is important to her.  You can find the text for this audio story below.

Karina and Madjid are currently working on new projects, so expect to see much more from them in the future!

-Eric, NYC



Podcast Powered By Podbean


MAKEUP ART

   Makeup Art has always been something that I liked. I like to see how the people chance the appearance by applies makeup.

  I started in the world of Makeup in my country Dominican Republic when I was in a modeling school. I took a makeup class for myself. Since that time I makeup my friends for special events.

  When I came to New York I decided to take it more seriously and I went to the school to take classes and I started work by my self.  This is a good job that can make good money but is not constant and often people are not willing to pay what the job is really worth.

 I like to do a makeup test one week before the event, I like to know the client, what the client wants, what time is the event, I like to know the client’s skin, color type and the client’s style.  

  Often the client knows what she wants that’s a difficult situation, because many times it is not really appropriate for the occasion and that is where the job became a little uncomfortable try to convince the client what is really best for, is not easy.   I have worked with different kinds of people, easy and very difficult, but this is a job that I really liked and enjoy, even more when I can see the happy faces when the customers see the final result.

  I have Two years to stop working makeup but I’ll return because this is a job that fulfills me.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice experience! I am sure you love this job a lot. I do advise you not to stop doing the job, for you love it. Let me tell you, Karina, that you ought carry on this way to realise your attainable goals and fulfill your dreams. I am glad to hear that you love your job!

    Hakim from Bejaia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Tell us what you think! Please write your name after your comment, so the author of the post knows who to reply to. You don't need to use your full name: first name only is fine.

-Eric, NYC