Friday, March 29, 2013

Level 4 NYC: The New Creature

Davila is eager to share his introduction with all of you.  He tells us about his career, where he's from, and some of his favorite things.  He also writes about a difficult time in his life, and how he found peace. 

I encourage all of my students write about what is most important to them in their lives.  What is written here represents his opinions and his beliefs.  In this story, Davila is sharing things about his life for the first time with the class.  I think he is being brave, and I am very proud of him.  Thank you, Davila.

-Eric, NYC

The New Creature

Hello everybody!!!

This is a short story of my life. My name is Nedin Davila but my families call me Bonie. I was born in Panama, but my parents are from Puerto Rico. I lived all my life in Puerto Rico. It was a hot country and the people call “The Island of the fruits and nuts”. My favorite food is chicken guise with white rice. I am Practical Certified Attendant, Home Health Aid and I am a Nursing school graduated. I came to New York in 1996 to visit a friend and stay because I love winter. The cold weather makes me feel fresh; my country is too hot. I took dance class in my 20s, love painting and swimming. But the more important for me in this moment of my life is let you know how wonderful are the love of Jesus Christ. God used my brother to talk to me about Jesus Christ (The word of God). I lived in a man’s body but in a wrong mind. One day my brother say to me, Bonie read the word of God because “ye come to hear the word of God ”. I can see on my brother life how come God make a wonderful change on his life. My past experience teach me how real is spiritual life. Its a spiritual world that we can not see, but is real, and the demons make a influences in our minds. The following pictures show my before and after and how wrong my life was before. I learned that the bible is the mind of God and that’s why my mind changes. I wish all of your dreams make come true and one day, not too far, we can get together and talk personally. Blessings!!! 


Before
After

2 comments:

  1. Hello Davila , thanks for letting us know something about your life,GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome.. is my pleasure and command from God. Hiba said I look more happy, is because Jesus give us life for ever. God bless you too.

      -Davila

      Delete

Thanks for reading. Tell us what you think! Please write your name after your comment, so the author of the post knows who to reply to. You don't need to use your full name: first name only is fine.

-Eric, NYC