Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Love with the complain. (An original translation from Urdu)

From: Waraich, Level 4 NYC

This is a Urdu poetry.  I did the translation in English.  Believe it or not, this is so hard.  It takes three to four hours.  Firstly, I look the right word, than correct sound and finally correct spelling.  After that I opened the dictionary in my language with nice cup of coffee.


When I   left  your love  after that .  
Problem comes to  me how  I will forget  you


My  heart  sadness  coming   to my  eyes.
The   gloomy  of  my   soul  how  I  show   you.
                                     .
                                   
When  loneliness   change   into the  poison
That  time   how   I   pass,  how   I  tell  you.



Some talks your love change to hate.
I afraid that talks, do not forget you.


______________________________________________


It's necessary, I say, I love you
Give me permission, I say, I love you


I confess and thousand time
I love you, I love you


Life is short for the love
Why the hearts are not clean, I love you


You are so beautiful with anger.
You have any complain, I love you.


You say something, I say something.
It's not necessary now, I say, I love you


______________________________________________


Note: Waraich typed this in class last Thursday, but we did not have time to finish publishing.  Everything you see above is his own hard work.  We will update later with images of the original Urdu text, and some information about the poet.

Urdu is the national language of Pakistan. (There are also many other languages used in Pakistan.)  Urdu is also spoken in parts of India and Bangladesh.

I added the photos of the text without Waraich.  I don't know if the correct images are with the appropriate translations.  If you know Urdu, please let me know!
  
-Eric, NYC, USA

1 comment:

  1. Hello Waraich,

    What an interesting job yu have done! Translating it from Urdu into English must have been very hard, but you succeeded after all. So incredible! I always want to translate some Kabyle songs into English but I do not have enough time to do so.

    I love the words and the love story in it.

    Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

    Hakim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Tell us what you think! Please write your name after your comment, so the author of the post knows who to reply to. You don't need to use your full name: first name only is fine.

-Eric, NYC