Wednesday, April 10, 2013

HIBA'S SONGS

                                                                                                                           astoria : 04 10 2013
Hi,the music is not my hobby, i like sports, cooking and many other things but i know one singer, his name is Sami Yusuf he is from British , he sings in English and some word in Arabic ( he studied arabic language ).
I want to tell you who is Sami Yusuf .
Sami Yusuf is a British singer-songwriter, composer, producer and multi-instrumentalist musician .
In 2003 Yusuf released his first album "Al-Mu`allim" at the age of 23, selling over two million copies. Following the release of his second album "My Ummah" ( MY MOTHER) in 2005, Yusuf was heralded as "Islam's Biggest Rock Star" by Time magazine for his success in attracting a relatively young fan base from diverse regions across the world, many of whom were of Muslim backgrounds. Yusuf has sold over 9 million albums. In October 2010, following a five-year hiatus, Yusuf’s third official album "Wherever You Are" was launched, manifesting his self-coined genre "Spiritique". Yusuf is involved in humanitarian initiatives, supporting, among others, Islamic Relief and Save the Children. (from Wikipedia.com)

His songs are educative and have a positive goal. he sings about life and about islam, and he has a very beautiful song about the most precious person in our life who is the mother.I want to share with you 2 songs the first is MY MOTHER and the second is Mualem "PROPHET TEACHER".
I hope you will like them and I wish you a good listening. ENJOY....

FOR MY CLASSMATES THIS IS A TRANSLATION IN SPANISH.
                    (from wikipedia.com)
INTRODUCCIÓN A LA CANTANTE:
Sami Yusuf (سامي يوسف) es un autor, compositor e intérprete británico nacido en en 1980. La música de Yusuf está relacionada con el Islam y el hecho de ser musulmán en el mundo actual. Yusuf se ha convertido en una figura muy popular del mundo islámico, habiendo realizado videos de varias de sus producciones. De acuerdo a The Guardian, es el musulmán británico más conocido del mundo. En 2006, la revista Time lo llamó "la mayor estrella islámica del rock".
Biografía
Sami Yusuf nació en 1980 , y se mudó al Reino Unido cuando tenía tres años, creciendo en la zona oeste de Londres. Yusuf es de origen azerí. Desde temprana edad comenzó a tocar varios instrumentos musicales y a mostrar interés en cantar y componer canciones. Fue aceptado como estudiante de composición en la Royal Academy of Music en Londres. En adición a su educación en armonía y composición occidental, Sami usa los modos iraníes y de Medio Oriente y está relacionado tanto con la tradición músical oriental como occidental.



                                                                               HIBA

                                              MY MOTHER ( UMMAHU أمي )
                                                             MI MADRE

Blessed is your face
Blessed is your name
My beloved
Blessed is your smile
Which makes my soul want to fly
My beloved
All the nights
And all the times
That you cared for me
But I never realised it
And now it’s too late
Forgive me
Now I’m alone filled with so much shame
For all the years I caused you pain
If only I could sleep in your arms again
Mother I’m lost without you
You were the sun that brightened my day
Now who’s going to wipe my tears away
If only I knew what I know today
Mother I’m lost without you

 Ummahu, ummahu, ya ummi..........................
Mother... Mother... O my mother
wa shawqahu ila luqyaki ya ummi .....................
How I long to see O mother
 Ummuka, ummuka, ummuka ummuka ............
“Your mother, Your mother, Your mother”
Qawlu rasulika ....................................................
Is the saying of your Prophet
Fi qalbi, fi hulumi................................................
In my heart, in my dreams
Anti ma’i ya ummi .............................................
You are always with me mother
Ruhti wa taraktini.............................................
You went and left me
Ya nura ‘aynayya................................................
O light of my eyes
Ya unsa layli........................................................
O comfort of my nights
Ruhti wa taraktini..............................................
You went and left me
Man siwaki yahdhununi.....................................
Who, other than you, will embrace me?
Man siwaki yasturuni ........................................
Who, other than you, will cover me?
Man siwaki yahrusuni .......................................
Who, other than you, will guard over me?
‘Afwaki ummi ..................................................
Your pardon mother
Samihini... ,.......................................................
forgive me

Here is the video of the song MY MOTHER :





                                   Mu'allim...( teacher )
Chorus
He was Muhammad salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam,
Muhammad, mercy upon Mankind,
He was Muhammad salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam,
Muhammad, mercy upon Mankind,
Teacher of all Mankind.
Abal Qasim [one of the names of the Prophet]
Ya Habibi ya Muhammad
(My beloved O Muhammad)
Ya Shafi'i ya Muhammad
(My intercessor O Muhammad)
Khayru khalqillahi Muhammad
(The best of Allah’s creation is Muhammad)
Ya Mustafa ya Imamal Mursalina
(O Chosen One, O Imam of the Messengers)
Ya Mustafa ya Shafi'al 'Alamina
(O Chosen One, O intercessor of the worlds)
He prayed while others slept
While others ate he’d fast,
While they would laugh he wept
Until he breathed his last,
His only wish was for us to be
Among the ones who prosper,
Ya Mu'allim peace be upon you,
Truly you are our Teacher,
O Mu'allim..
Chorus
Ya Habibi ya Muhammad
(My beloved O Muhammad)
Ya Shafi'i ya Muhammad
(My intercessor O Muhammad)
Ya Rasuli ya Muhammad
(O My Messenger O Muhammad)
Ya Bashiri ya Muhammad
(O bearer of good news O Muhammad)
Ya Nadhiri ya Muhammad
(O warner O Muhammad)
'Ishqu Qalbi ya Muhammad
(The love of my heart O Muhammad)
Nuru 'Ayni ya Muhammad
(Light of my eye O Muhammad)
He taught us to be just and kind
And to feed the poor and hungry,
Help the wayfarer and the orphan child
And to not be cruel and miserly,
His speech was soft and gentle,
Like a mother stroking her child,
His mercy and compassion,
Were most radiant when he smiled
Chorus
Abal Qasim [one of the names of the Prophet]
Ya Habibi ya Muhammad
(My beloved O Muhammad)
Ya Shafi'i ya Muhammad
(My intercessor O Muhammad)
Khayru khalqillahi Muhammad
(The best of Allah’s creation is Muhammad)
Ya Mustafa Ya Imamal Mursalina
(O Chosen One O Imam of the Messengers)
Ya Mustafa ya Shafi'al 'Alamina
(O Chosen One O intercessor of the woamrlds)


7 comments:

  1. Hello Hiba,

    What a fantastic presentation for these songs. Your reflections, the background info, and you translate the Arabic to English! AND you include a Spanish translation of the background too so your classmates can understand better.

    I did not know Sami Yusuf before this. These songs were fascinating. The repetition and the short lines of lyrics---it sounds like a prayer to me. What would you call this style of music? I know the content is primarily Islamic. But how would you describe the music? It has elements of Pop and ballads, but something else too. The drums and the strings.

    You mentioned that his family is from Iran. Do you think this music sound is characteristic of Iranian music? So many questions!

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Eric, NYC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eric,

      Sami Yusuf is a very well-known singer here. Everybody loves listening to his beautiful songs. I am glad that Hiba has shared some of his work here. Know that I am listening to him while writing this comment. Very inspiring !

      The music sounds Turkish and I love that. The music is very soft to listen to since it pleases your ear and softens your heart and loosens your spirits to let you fly away with admiration and love.

      Thanks again Hiba. Please, keep sharing! You have a very great teacher named Eric.

      Hakim, Bejaia, Algeria

      Delete
    2. thank you for your comment teacher, but I can not give you an answer now because I do not know but will search and tell you.( I'm sorry for the misspelling )

      Delete
    3. thank you for your comment teacher, but I can not give you an answer now because I do not know but will search and tell you.( I'm sorry for the misspelling )

      Delete
  2. Hi Hiba thank you for this great songs god bless , good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello HIBA. I do really really love SAMI YUSUF ,his songs are so fascinating .The lyrics are simply amazing and the music is so relaxing..There are so many singers like SAMI we have MAHER ZAYN he sings in Arabic , English and Turikish also please try to watch his videos ...thanks a lot i like your job ..good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Tell us what you think! Please write your name after your comment, so the author of the post knows who to reply to. You don't need to use your full name: first name only is fine.

-Eric, NYC