Thursday, July 4, 2013

Update! Life with My Grandmother (with Julia's Narration)

Julia's text about her memories with her grandmother inspired many thoughtful comments, and a wonderful story by Hakim.  Now you can listen to Julia read her story in her own words!

-Eric, NYC, USA



Life with My Grandmother

     I am writing a history about my grandmother.  She was a very nice woman.  She cared for me, my sister and brother.  She worked hard on her farm.  She had cows, horses, pigs, sheep and chicken.  She made cheese, planted plants, corns, potatoes, beans, vegetables and fruits.  She taught me how to cook cake, salad and chicken soup.  I helped my grandmother milk the cows.  I collected 40 eggs every morning.  I let the sheep out into the fields.  I washed the clothes in the river.  
     She cooked delicious food during Christmas time.  She invited her family over.  She prepared food like chicken, soup, rice, pernil, and salad.  I remember yellow corn boiling in water, green salad being cut and white potatoes being peeled.  I smelled delicious pernil and yellow rice. The potatoes were soft.  The corn was sweet.  The pernil was salty.  The soda was bubbly and sweet.  After we ate, we sang and danced with music.  The party started at 7pm and ended at 3am.  After the party, she washed the dishes and put them away for the next year.
     My grandmother's house was very big.  Every year she painted her house a different color.  Her house was near the river.  She had three daughters.  Their names were Mary, Rosa and Carmen.  She had six grandchildren.  Their names were Nancy, Freddy, Fausto, Nely, Marlene and Julia.  She cried sometimes because her family lived in America. She died ten years ago.  My mother and my aunts paid a woman to care for the farm.

By: Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Tell us what you think! Please write your name after your comment, so the author of the post knows who to reply to. You don't need to use your full name: first name only is fine.

-Eric, NYC